This is a very important aspect of your book. The Book Cover makes or breaks your book sales!
Your have several options:
- Make your own cover
- Use cover maker software
- Employ the services of a freelancer
- Employ the services of a Graphic company
But whatever you decide to do, make sure that your cover look professional.
Some things to look out for when designing your book cover:
- Make sure that the font color is a color that can be seen when the image is reduced to a thumb print
- Do not use elaborate fonts that become indecipherable when reduced to thumb print size
- Use bold images and colors that stand out
- Make sure that your cover looks interesting
- Make sure that there are no spelling mistakes on your cover!
- Make sure that your book cover is relevant to the book, this is what is going to interest the reader into wanting to read your book!
- Make sure that you have the author name on your book cover – most aggregator insist on this